Welcome!

Welcome to The Teaching Bank blog! I guess I'll start out with a little about myself. 

My professional career began when I graduated with a Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education from Iowa State University in 1995.

After graduation I was accepted to the CADRE program at the University of NE-Omaha in 1995. The CADRE Project is a nationally recognized program where teachers complete a master’s degree while working as a full time teacher in a classroom (see link at the bottom of the page for more details). I graduated from UNO's CADRE program in August 1996.

I accepted a position with the Omaha Public Schools in 1996 as a 4th grade teacher. I taught 4th grade until 1999 when I switched to 6th grade. Coursework beyond my master's includes classes in Economics education and classes on teaching of the Gifted & Talented student. 

In 2003 I created The Teaching Bank with sales on Ebay. In 2005 I contracted to sell with enotes.com. Sales expanded to Amazon.com in 2007, and to TeachersPayTeachers.com in 2010.

I have also done some Freelance Educational/Curriculum Writing, most notably for the Illinois Soybean Council’s Pod to Plate website (see link at the bottom of the page).

I am no longer a full time teacher due to health issues but I continue to write curriculum for The Teaching Bank and to work in my children's classrooms on a regular basis. 

In addition to my professional life I have a wonderful family. My husband is an award winning graphic designer and I have 3 wonderful children. I love to read and spend time with my family and pets. I am also a Disney World lover. If I am not planning a trip I am dreaming of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment