Thoughts and Prayers to Millard South Faculty and Students


Wednesday was a tragic day here in Omaha. There was shooting at a local high school, Millard South. Sadly we hear stories like this in the news all too frequently. Truthfully I am like many of you who hear them and dismiss them as something that won’t “happen here” or “to me”, they are all so far away. I don’t do this purposefully, it is just human nature to file these things away until it does hit home.  It’s a way to protect ourselves from the fear. Wednesday’s shooting was at a good suburban school. It was at a school that my children would have attended if we hadn’t moved a couple years ago. I have watched the news stories unfold over the last two days and my heart goes out to the victims and their families. We have lost a wonderful educator, as well as a young man who had his whole life ahead of him. I think what scares me the most is that there were no signs: no bullying, no criminal record, and no mental health issues. It seemed to come out of nowhere in a place you least expect it.

School resumed today at Millard South and I hope it was a day where healing could begin. My thoughts and prayers go out to the faculty, students, and families of the Millard School District, especially those at Millard South High.

No comments:

Post a Comment